Planning Commission Meeting - The zone change request filed for property located at 3801, 3901, and 3995 Harrodsburg Road (Christ United Methodist Church and Harrods Village) is currently proposed to go before the City’s Planning Commission this Thursday, March 22, at City Hall, 200 East Main Street, in the 2nd Floor Council Chambers at 1:30 pm.
The proposed building plan consists of: family friendly restaurants, coffee shop, specialty grocery store, drive through restaurant, 100 room hotel, bike path, sidewalks, and water feature. The planning commission is requesting, per the Comprehensive Plan, that the development be more dense, including possible residential housing/apartments and the road on Glade Lane be opened.
The Palomar Hills Board of Directors voted in favor of supporting the development as proposed. The Association does not believe that it has the ability to keep the land from being developed. It is the position of the Board that Palomar Hills would rather have a neighborhood friendly development adjacent, that residents can walk to, as opposed to apartments that would further add to our traffic difficulties and crowded schools.
To voice support and concerns - please contact:
Senior Planning Staff Member - Tom Martin: firstname.lastname@example.org
Planning Manger - Bill Sallee: email@example.com
Councilwoman - Amanda Bledsoe: firstname.lastname@example.org
To make your concerns part of the public record email the Planning Mailbox: email@example.com.
· Send emails!
· Be specific with suggestions.
· Express concern for increased traffic and the safety of children in the Glades
· Attend the Zoning Committee Meeting this Thursday.
· Don't take a broad exception to the development.
· Don't take issue with potential school zoning concerns.
· Don't only state that you like the green space and that it should remain.
· Don’t talk about property values.